Reports to: Activity Director
- To plan, implement and oversee the nature and outdoor area of the camp in a responsible, loving and fun way.
- To assist, encourage and support activity area coordinators.
- To lead, create and maintain an exciting program of art activities for summer camp
- Assisting in other areas of summer camp as needed
- To work with other activity coordinators to plan all-camp programs and activities
- Have a relationship with God and profess to be a born-again Christian
- Must have regular Church attendance, and a pastor or leader reference
- Must have a desire to minister to teens and kids in a camp setting consistent with the ministry, missions, values, and goals of FVCA
- Must have an acceptable level of spiritual, mental, social and emotional maturity
- Must have organizational abilities and creativity
- Must have supervisory/mentoring experience
- Need to adapt and relate cross-culturally and embrace diversity
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Creativity and high energy with an outgoing personality is a plus
- Have good communication skills
- Must be comfortable working outdoors during the course of the summer
- Follow all guidelines by FVCA, including the philosophy, goals, and objectives of FVCA, as well as any secondary procedures and instructions
- Model Christ-likeness in all things. Your attitude toward activities, summer staff, campers, teens, volunteers, etc… Should reflect in your actions
- Your spiritual and physical health is crucial to your ministry, therefore you are expected to meet with God daily, get enough rest, to be physically fit to endure the long days of camp, And to participate in all relevant meetings
- Always be on time. Tardiness will not be accepted. If you are unable to be on time, you must make your supervisor aware, ahead of time
- Assist with program evaluation at the end of each session, and at the end of the summer
- To lead debriefing and thorough cleaning after the end of every session
- Have fun! Balance organization and spontaneity to create lasting positive memories for staff and campers. Your attitude will impact in a huge way the dynamics of summer camp
- Positivity is a MUST!!!
- You will be asked to take on different tasks and or assignments as needed
- Supervise and assist in all activities in your area of the camp
- To lead in the creation and maintenance of a positive atmosphere throughout camp
- Be missions minded
- Plan and implement all activity in your designated area in a safe, fun and loving way
- Encourage campers and teens with words and actions at all times
As a nature coordinator, your goal is to engage the youth from ages 6 through 12, Boys and girls with activities that would be fun and exciting. This job requires you to be spontaneous, flexible and enthusiastic. Creativity and flexibility are needed to change the program when asked.